West Midlands History Limited ("West Midlands History") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We will comply with the requirements of all Data Protection legislation in force in England and Wales from time to time. In particular users may request a copy of any personal data held by us about them upon written application. Please note we reserve the right to charge the current statutory fee for providing such information.
We intend to manage any information learned about you in an ethical manner. It will only be used for our internal purposes and the internal purposes of our group. We do not sell databases or personal information to third parties. We do not collect or compile personally identifying information for dissemination or sale to third parties for consumer marketing purposes.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Site or via our printed publications. This includes information provided at the time of registration or at the time of posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by West Midlands History or when we contact you with services you may have requested or when you report a problem with the Site.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
West Midlands History may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes although you do not have to respond to them.
Details of your visits to the Site and the resources that you access.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. These are data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and do not identify any individual.
We can follow your navigation through our Site and identify the web pages which you visit. We may use such information to build statistics on users of our Site for our own use and for the use of third parties.
The information stored by cookies should make your web site visits more productive by storing and using information on your web site preferences and habits. They do not identify users personally but they do identify each user’s computer. Your browser software can choose whether or not to accept cookies and most browser software is initially set up to accept them.
We may offer cookies to you and you should ensure that your browser software is set not to accept cookies if you do not wish to receive them.
If you wish to stop cookies being stored in your computer in future, please refer to your browser manufacturer's instructions by clicking "Help" in your browser menu. Further information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have provided you with a password, which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. As stated above, it is important you do not share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. So, whilst we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot ensure the security of data transmitted by you to the Site. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information we will use security procedures and features to prevent unauthorised access to it.
Uses made of the information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that the Site's content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you; if you would prefer not to have your email address used in this way please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service where you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our service.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries as defined in section 736 of the Company Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we offer to sell any assets in which case we may disclose your personal data to the potential purchaser of such assets where relevant;
- if substantially all of West Midlands History's assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be transferred to such third party;
- if we are required to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or any other agreement; or protect the rights, property, or safety of West Midlands History, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for protection against credit risk and fraud.
We do not disclose personal data to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We would comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience using the personal data we have collected from you and from others.
You have the right to request us not to disclose any of your personal data or information or to pass information to third parties. We will usually inform you before collecting your data, if we intend to disclose your information to any third party and you can exercise your right to request that we do not do so by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also notify us by contacting us at any time at email@example.com
Access to information
West Midlands History Limited