Julius Alfred Chatwin - Birmingham and Black Country Lives
(1830-1907) Architect of many famous Birmingham buildings
Julius Chatwin was a prolific architect who contributed pioneering and much loved buildings including St Martin in the Bullring as well as the choir and high altar at the Cathedral and St Augustine’s, Edgbaston. His legacy is discussed by Tim Bridges, architectural advisor to Birmingham Victorian Society.
St Philip’s Cathedral, St Martin in the Bull Ring, The Old Joint Stock, The Vicar Churchwardens & PCC of St Augustine’s Church, The Royal Birmingham Society of Artists, Library of Birmingham, Film Birmingham